War Diaries Talk

Please advise re Query on page number 105 in the diary of the 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers Link: Also query on page 107.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Please advise re Query on page number 105 in the diary of the 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003hwd

Page 105 -I have commented “#misfiled #casualty list #nominal roll for 9th Btn Royal Dublin Fusiliers it includes 48th Bde MG Coy also 48th Bde Trench Mortar Battery, therefore I did not tag this list as it not for the diary of the 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers.

No page for 106 appeared. The next page 107 (cannot give the link for this*) for this diary is another list of wounded casualties headed number 2. Is this a continuation page for a list casualty list belonging to the the 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers? No reference to which Battalion. *If so I will tag the names when I return to the diary if they belong to the 8th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers. Presume they are but not sure.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Marie, page 107 is a continuation of the casualty lists for the Royal Dublin Fusiliers. I don't think the page you've commented on is misfiled, though. It appears to be part of an after-action report, and I assume it includes the other units you mention because they were with the RDF at the time. So I would tag those names too.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Thanks for the answer. I have removed the misfiled comment on page 105.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I remember this list from when I tagged the 8/RDF. It seems to be a casualty list that came from the 48th Brigade, and was included with the 8/RDF diary. When I went through it I tagged all the names and put each one's unit in the bottom line. So they have all been tagged at least once.

It's interesting to see it again as I am now tagging the 48th Machine Gun Company. This list apparently covers a time period different from the one I have been tagging, though, as there is only one name on the list here that I recognized from the diary. I think this list is earlier as R.H. Bannister is listed here as a 2nd Lt. and I have him as a Lt.

Posted