War Diaries Talk

Diary has jumped forward 40 odd pages

• stoat11 by stoat11

Hi,
    About 45 mins ago I was happily tagging 108 INFANTRY BRIGADE, 13 BATTALION ROYAL IRISH RIFLES (1 OCT 1915 - 31 OCT 1917) WO/95/2506/3 at round about Page 68 which is a section reporting casualties for D company on or around 1st June 1916. I didn't "finish" the page but had to sign off for a short time. When I logged back on the diary has jumped to Page 104 in the middle of November 1916. This is really annoying!

Mike

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Sorry, Mike. Looks like all the intervening pages have been fully tagged. Dipping into a few, I see a variety of names amongst the taggers, so I think people must have done a few pages here and there and then not continued, which accounts for the patchiness.

As for why it jumped you forward without you having finished the page - I'm not quite sure what happened there. I can see your tags for page 68, so they've definitely been saved.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I tagged this diary and it is probably because the pages that did not appear have been tagged by other people. The pages were running in sequence from 68 to 104, which you mentioned and also in sequence until the end of the diary. Unfortunately, when this happens you lose the context of the activities in the diary.

Posted

• stoat11 by stoat11

Hi,
    Many thanks for your replies. This has happened before so I sort of knew what had happened. I was just fed up 😃 The casualty reports took ages to tag as there were so many names and it's a bit frustrating to go through them all and then find that people have gone past them. They casualty reports obviously hadn't had 5 people through them before me or I wouldn't have seen them but somehow 5 people have got into the 40 odd pages I haven't seen. Hey Ho.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Posted