War Diaries Talk

Problem posting comments

• angiehart by angiehart

I'm already signed in, and want to make a comment on a page, but it says I have to be signed in to make a comment. I am!

I've tried signing out and back in again but it doesn't help.

Posted

• josiahnz by josiahnz

I am signed in, but also am unable to add a Comment. I'm not getting an error msg, just nothing at all happens.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

This has happened to others before. To help the admins sort it out can you say what type of device you are using (PC, laptop, I-pad, etc) and also what browser? Some devices and some browsers apparently have issues.

When you say you can't make comments, can you tag the page OK?

Posted

• angiehart by angiehart

I was on a laptop using Chrome, but thankfully all working again now. I could tag the page OK, but not make comments. I found that signing out, clearing my history/cache for the day, and closing down my internet pages and starting again helped. The comments box was working again when I signed back in, either that or it was just a coincidence.

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin in response to josiahnz's comment.

Hi, if you follow the link to 'discuss this page on Talk', are you able to post comments from the Talk page? Or are comments not working at all?

Posted

• svdynamohotmail.com by svdynamohotmail.com

I wanted to post one last comment in a page , about a V.C.holder being named. However the post comment box had disappeared and I could not post. I had to finish without adding this comment!

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

Very odd. I can't reproduce that here. You can also add comments to a page by following the link to 'discuss this page' and adding a comment there (it's the same comments form). If you tagged the page recently, it will still be on your profile page http://www.operationwardiary.org/#/profile Click on it there and you should go to the Talk page, where you can add a comment.

Posted

• Poodle by Poodle

I have been having intermittent problems with the comments and timeline icons not responding. Today I had to go in and out of the website three times before they opened. I'm using a PC and IE9.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

I've had the same with the comments and with this talk page being very, very slow to load (or sometimes not loading at all) so it may not just be you. Anyone else?

Posted