War Diaries Talk

Is there a problem on the Diary Page Selection Page?

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Is there a problem on the Diary Page Selection Page?

I am about to choose a new dairy I selected the 3 Cav.Div.4th Brigade RHA 1-Oct 1914-30 June 1919 but it comes up as the diary for the Diary of the 6th Mobile Vet. Section – 1/8/14-31/8/1919 Diary page dates 1-15 August 1917. Link: https://www.operationwardiary.org/#/classify/52d0568d3ae74026a3012d9f
    It has written at the top of the diary page right hand side 6 MVS.

The link for the diary of the 6th Mobile Vet. Section is link: https://www.operationwardiary.org/#/classify/52d056a73ae74026a309789a

Also on checking these 2 links different diaries are now coming up! Checked the links again and a Blue screen coming up again for both.

Before I start the Diaries tomorrow I will do a bug check on my laptop and will go into the Diary Page Selection again tomorrow and see if the same thing happens when I want to select a new diary.

Can you try to select these 2 diairies and see if you have the same problem please.

It might just be a glitch at the moment and hope it will not happen tomorrow when I try again.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks for letting us know about this, Marie. I'm experiencing the same issue. I've been trying for a while now to get Zooniverse to upload a new batch of diaries for tagging, so I'm hoping this might have something to do with that, but I'll get in touch with them and see what they say.

Posted

I think this may be mainly an issue with the 4 Bde RHA diary. We know there are some problem pages in that one.

Posted

Thanks for your answer Ral but there is still a problem today Thursday 1 June.

Today, could access the diary of 3 Cav.Div.4th Brigade RHA 1-Oct 1914-30 June 1919
    tagged pages 149/150/151. tagged 152 but finished button did not work. I had put a sniper comment on this page. Signed out, checked my profile the sniper comment was on the page I tagged p. 152.

Cleared my cache. Using Windows 10 and Chrome.

Then Page 275 came up for 3 Cav.Div.4th Brigade RHA. Had trouble putting tags on this page and the comment re sniping appeared in the comment box for this page 275 - it should not have been there.

I agree with you there seems to be problems with diary. Best to leave it and start another one - hopefully with no problems. I hope no one else is having problems today 😃

Posted

Thanks Marie. Erik has noted the same issue before - this diary has several corrupted images which the system struggles to deal with. The good news is that any tags you place on a page are saved, and the comments are stored against the correct page as well, despite appearances to the contrary!

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

Those links you put in your first entry here will only take you to your own classify page. They don't relate to a specific diary page.

I just looked at both and they took me to the page I had partially tagged last night.

Posted

Yes, Cynthia there was a problem with the links I posted as well in my original message they did not refer to the page links I mentioned.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I see you've moved on to one of the 2nd Cavalry Division Supply Column diaries. Is it going okay?

Posted

Cynthia, pleased to say the Diary is going Ok. Thanks for your concern 😃

Posted