War Diaries Talk

Weather - wet and cold

• cotula by cotula

The diaries often include the weather being 'wet and cold' - the tagging options make us choose whether to describe it as wet or as cold. This will reduce the number of tags for each one, while a 'wet&cold' option would be clearer.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to cotula's comment.

When I've come across this, I've used two tags. One for each. A bit clunky, I know, but it means we don't lose any info.

Posted

• angiehart by angiehart

Yes, I've come across some that say "weather is better than yesterday" or that the weather is "bad" - I have just tagged this as other! I'm not sure a "wet&cold" tag would be any better as there are hundreds of ways of describing the weather (the British are great at this) and we could end up with loads of tags, when i have come across this I've just used two tags as @ral104 above.

Posted

• cotula by cotula

I am getting so fed up with the awkwardness of tagging at all, the thought of adding yet more makes my heart sink! The tags don't appear where I click and they jump about when I try to place them, then they 'hide' under the pop-up. Only once have the tags been co-operative.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator in response to cotula's comment.

Clearly this shouldn't be the case. Tags should appear where you click and then not move about and I can imagine it's very frustrating. What type of device and browser are you using and are you saying this has never worked right for you at all since you started tagging?

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Yes, if you let us know the details @HeatherC mentions, I can raise the issue with the zooniverse support desk, who might be able to help.

Posted

• josiepegg by josiepegg

I initially had problems with this - it was due to me using a laptop and enlarging the page by mistake when catching the pad. The tagging page then jumps down below the list of tags and the tags do the jumping thing. I eliminated it by using a mouse!

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Ah, great tip! Thanks for sharing it.

Posted