War Diaries Talk

Has anyone else had Problems with Windows 10 lately?

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Although I have plenty battery power on my laptop, it suddenly turns off when working, then restarts. Sometimes have to restart it again - but it does go back to the page I have been working on when it comes back on.

Did a search on Google - (Forums on windows 10) and quite a few people are having the same problem.

I have changed some setting on Windows 10 and will see how it goes.

Posted

• deehar by deehar in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

I have seen a couple of updates scheduled for May installed without any ill effects- but I am working on a desktop machine - version1709.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I've had an issue with my laptop ever since I put Windows 10 on it. It originally had Windows 8. If I am online and I am reading a long article and forget to move the cursor, the screen suddenly goes dark and I have to wait until the computer goes to sleep, then it will come back up with the page I was on. Is this what you mean?

I find this problem happens more as the day goes on. I always shut the computer off entirely at night, and usually start it up in the morning. The problem doesn't start happening until the afternoon. I tried changing the settings for when it goes to sleep, but this has not helped. While I find it annoying, I have learned to live with it. At least I don't lose anything when this happens.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I got the latest update a couple of days ago and so far, so good. But I'm also on a desktop.

Posted

• deehar by deehar

I assume that we are talking about the major upgrade to version 1803 which is causing problems with certain hardware configurations. I see it is due to hit me soon.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Hopefully they'll have sorted out the bugs by then!

Posted

• deehar by deehar

Just painlessly updated to version 1803 after some fudging - mainly lots of Microsoft features to do things I already do with Google apps! No problems with basic operations.

Posted