War Diaries Talk

mail

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34

How do I delete the little message mail box after I have read them?

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

From your profile page click on the blue header title of the message in the left hand column to open it in the centre of the screen. Then when you go back to another page (you may have to refresh the page first) it should be gone. If someone sends you a message with no title you can not get rid of it at all - I have had my message indicator stuck on "2 new messages" for about 4 months now 😛

You can't actually completely delete messages at all - I have hundreds...

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

The no-subject issue should be fixed now. Is it? Also, you're saying there are other messages that you can't delete?

As for the mailbox, does it keep displaying that there new messages even after you've opened them and read them? (Not just read them in the sidebar?)

Thanks! 😃

Posted

Hi Darren

The no subject issue - I assume it is fixed since no-one has sent me a "no subject PM" for months and before that I got them regularly
    Yes there are two messages from 4 months ago I can't delete - I did ask about them 4 months ago, but I have got used to them being there and just ignore the "2 new messages" icon now.
    I can't click to open them - they have no title to click on!

Heather

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I got one of our developers on it today; he said that old PMs without subjects should now have a (no subject) header so that you can click on them and delete them. However, I've heard that it didn't fix old messages yet; not sure if it's fixed new ones. Could someone please send me a blank-subject PM so that I can check?

Thank you!

Posted

Thanks Darren - that duly allowed me to open them and get them to vanish from the new messages icon. I tried to send you a PM with no title but I can't - you get a pop-up asking you to fill in the title field if you try 😃

Heather

Posted