War Diaries Talk

Reference for 10th-13th Bns. East Yorkshire Regiment

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I found this book which includes some lists from all four battalions of men who received medals and men who died, listed by battalion first and then date of death.

Like all books from books.google.com it is not the complete book, and there are gaps in the information. However, since these are the four battalions in the 92nd Infantry Brigade, 31st Division, and part of the new batch of diaries, I thought it might be useful. I found not only the name of the officer I was looking for, but another one I needed as well.

ETA: This book also just helped me solve the mystery of Lt. J.C. Addy in the 10th Bn. Could not find him on Lives of the First World War, but saw his name in the book. More searching on Lives finally turned him up; he is listed as Addy, M.C. rather than just Addy.

https://books.google.com/books?id=HRpvBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA325&lpg=PA325&dq=captain+g+e+lloyd+jones&source=bl&ots=sQbuQWRJHb&sig=pKd04lfOM2KBH0sjd08o7KSUadI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ0dr14efYAhUR0WMKHR8tDNgQ6AEIOzAH#v=onepage&q=captain g e lloyd jones&f=false

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, Cynthia - always good to find these references!

Posted