War Diaries Talk

Subject: AWD0003hbv

Subject AWD0003hbv Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34

#prisoners

Posted

• Storeman20 by Storeman20

The fog made it impossible to see more than a few yards. The advance was difficult due to the effect of the #mine explosion.

Posted

The fumes made some of the advancing waves of men violently ill. A number of enemy were bayonetted in Nancy Switch.

Posted

Great difficulty was experienced in enemy support trench. as he had dug himself into shell holes.

Posted

• Arthur494 by Arthur494

#illegible

Posted

Red Objective taken in Zero plus 20 minutes.

Posted

• Stork by Stork

#faint

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

7 June 1917: #mine The barrage was splendid though difficult for advancing troops to follow owing to the effect of the mine explosions.

Posted

#gas As the waves advanced the fumes probably gassed many men and made them violently ill.

Posted

Enemy front line proved to be empty but a number were found and bayoneted in Nancy Switch.

Posted

Difficulty going onto Nancy Support. Enemy dug himself into numerous shell holes & were troublesome at many points. Hard to see owing to fog

Posted

#prisoners

Posted

Coys lost sense of direction,this was corrected. A Coy on right flank resting upon Nancy Avenue were not in touch with the right Battalion.

Posted

Red objective taken. A Coy after a stiff fight reached their Blue objective,

Posted