War Diaries Talk

41st H.A. Group - France 1917

• orchman by orchman

Now....I'm new, I don't know if this is the right place, but I am trying to find an MM citation for SE/15677 Sjt F.C. Childs AVC attached to the 41st H.A.Group. The award was gazetted on 16th August 1917 Gazette No 8419. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

You're not really in the right place to ask general questions about individuals. This forum is for Operation War Diary which is about tagging facts in the digital versions of the War Diaries.

I can tell you however that MM citations no longer exist, only the Gazette entries. You might find something in the War Diary of the Unit he was with at the time - likely to be some months before the Gazette entry - but right now we can't find that for you. One of the purposes of OWD is to "tag" names in diaries so if your relative is mentioned then ultimately we will find his name. Might be tricky to know where to look first though as he was AVC attached to another unit and so may not get mentioned in that Unit's Diary.

The correct Gazette number is 30234 by the way. 8419 is the page number.

Posted