War Diaries Talk

Slow diary

• Stork by Stork

In this diary - Divisional Troops 168 Brigade Royal Field Artillery (1916-01-01) (31 Dec 1915 - 30 Oct 1919) - every month has at least 8 two-column pages of names and numbers, and maybe a few more pages of arrivals and departures. If the administrators of this site are wondering why this batch of diaries is taking so long for volunteers to get through, it's entirely because of this diary. I've been working on it for 3 weeks and I'm only 2/3 of the way done with it. I can only do one month before all those names and numbers start driving me nuts, and then I have to do something else for a while.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Yes, we know that this particular diary is slow-going for the volunteers working on it. Feel free to take a break from it when you need to and work on a different diary, or even abandon it altogether. It will eventually get tagged if we all do a bit of it.

It is, however, a real treasure as a historical document! So far at least, we haven't seen such details regarding the officers and particularly the men of an artillery brigade. We truly appreciate the effort that everyone is putting into getting this diary tagged.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I'll second that!

Posted

• Stork by Stork

Those nominal rolls end at page 310. The remaining 80 pages are normal diary.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to Stork's comment.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Posted