War Diaries Talk

Problem

• Stork by Stork

I've been having a problem for the last 3 days--- when I click 'Profile' at the top of the page with the intention of looking at the page I just finished, the page which loads doesn't load completely. It only loads part of the way down the list of previous diaries that I've done, and doesn't get all the way to the bottom of that page where the 10 thumbnails are of the last 10 pages I tagged. Then when I click the Back arrow to go back to the page I'm currently tagging, rather than loading that page, it loads the default page which has the message: Welcome to Operation War Diary! Become a Citizen Historian and help Imperial War Museums and The National Archives reveal the story of the British Army on the Western Front during the First World War.

I use Firefox, and everything else is working fine.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Can you go to this page and copy the information it gives you? http://www.operationwardiary.org/#debug

Thanks.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I was having the same problem, particulalry over the weekend. Slow in loading and goes only halfway down the page, not showing all the diaries I have tagged. Perhaps I should have reported this earlier. I am using Windows 10, Chrome Browser.

This is what comes up on the link posted above:

LOCAL STORAGE USED
    Storage size: 3739

Storage available: true

Number of stored keys: 14

read/write test passed.

DEFAULTS
    Unit activity: training

Place: La Couture

Other unit: Composite Company

PS just checked my profile page again, Ok at the moment an hour later.

Posted

Thanks, Marie. It doesn't look as if it's a memory issue. Perhaps there was a glitch over the weekend, which has since been fixed. If it happens again, let me know.

Posted

• Stork by Stork

I just tried it, and it's still not loading the whole page. Here's the info on that link, ral104:

Local Storage Used

Storage size: 8147

Storage available: true

Number of stored keys: 15

read/write test passed.
    Defaults

Unit activity: working

Place: Sailly-au-Bois

Other unit: 15 W Yorks

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I had that happen, too, but I was able to get out of it, I think, if I remember correctly, by clearing my cache. Then it seemed to work properly.

Posted

First off, I'd try ctrl-F5. That might do it.

Posted

• Stork by Stork

It turns out I didn't have to do anything- I just tried it and it works as it should now. I have no idea why it suddenly decided to work right.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

No problem now, profile page has been working correctly all day 25th and night of 24 April .

Posted

Good, good. Just one of those things then!

Posted