War Diaries Talk

Chrome High Contrast

• fisfiris by fisfiris

I've always used the High Contrast extension in Google Chrome for faint pages etc, but just changed to new laptop with Windows 10 and find that enabling this tool just gives me a blank blue page. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or is it just another one of those penalties for Windows 10?

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I have been using Windows 10 and Chrome for quite a long time now and I don't have a problem with using The Sheen Visual Filter Settings for Chrome.

Wonder if it would help if you tried loading it again I have a link here for the Chrome Web Store.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sheen/mopkplcglehjfbedbngcglkmajhflnjk

I think Ral the Moderator uses Chrome.

Posted

• fisfiris by fisfiris

Great. Thanks Marie. The problem was with High Contrast, not Sheen.
    I think I've now downloaded Sheen, and the site says it's added to Chrome, but I can't find an icon anywhere on the screen. Can you please give this doddering old fool a hint please.

I tried High Contrast on a PC with XP and it works perfectly, so it must just be incompatible with W10

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Hello fisfiris - regarding the Chrome query. Here is some advice about it from my son. Hope it helps 😃

At the top right hand corner of chrome you should have 3 little dots, left click on that and it will bring up a menu. Look in this list for "more tools", left click on that and then choose from the next menu "extensions".

This will load a page showing the extensions loaded in chrome. You'll see each one has a tickbox against it , make sure Sheen is ticked (enabled). You might have to untick others if you have too many loaded. You should then get the icon for Sheen appearing at the top right hand corner of chrome.

Posted

• fisfiris by fisfiris

Thanks.Replied privately

Posted