War Diaries Talk

load more

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

When I find (finally) the page I tagged, using the "load more" button and open it, I can not return to the loaded pages, to see the next page or another page because they all dissappear when I use the return button. If the page I searched was tagged a few days ago I must restart loading al those pages. Is it not possible to keep the loaded pages loaded?

Posted

• Stork by Stork in response to erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be's comment.

I've had the same problem- sometimes the pages I've tagged will be there, sometimes they won't, and when I click one and then click Return to go back, sometimes the previous pages have disappeared. When that happens I just give up. I don't know if there's a solution.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

It is a clunky way of finding a page you tagged, isn't it? I've also given up looking for a certain page just because I have to keep starting over.

It seems like Return means return to the Talk page, not return to see more pages.

I don't think there are any plans to make any changes to the site, but if a chance comes up to improve it, we'll keep this in mind.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

If you haven't used it already, then the 'follow' button can be a useful way of keeping track of pages you think you might want to come back to later. You can find it at the top right of the page's talk screen, above the comments.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I use(d) this method in the diary I am tagging at the moment, to look for duplates. But I found another way to avoid reloading again and again: I load the page I think is the right one and than I use the hint someone gave, namely open the page in a new tab. But I have to be very careful not to click on the page, something I sometimes forget and than I have the load the pages again.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

That's a good idea, Erik.

Unfortunately, we're stuck on the old version of the Zooniverse talk forum. I'm not sure whether this kind of thing would be easier on the newer version. In general, Zooniverse is a great platform for this kind of project, but the older Talk software can be a bit clunky.

Posted