War Diaries Talk

7 Division Brigade Machine Gun Company

• LinsladeLad by LinsladeLad

For info - the listing shows this diary as 97% completed, at 193/198 pages.

It has shown the same info for weeks now, and attempts to enter it lead to the response that "the diary is completed, please select another one".

If others have experienced the same there may be an issue with the diary which is preventing it being completed?

Regards Peter

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I am definitely not sure about this but I think this question has been asked before. I think the answer was that the diary is finished for tagging at 97% but maybe there were pages missing in the diary to make up the total number of pages 198 as it was finished at 193. Also I think the diary was to be taken off at 97% as finished (although as I say I am not sure about this) - may have been another diary so I could be wrong about this.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I think you're right, Marie. There is some issue with the page count or missing pages for that diary. Rob has posted about it before.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Cynthia (have I got your name right?) Thanks for your quick reply to my message regarding the diary of the 7th Div Machine Gun Company. You confirmed my thoughts - little bit of teamwork here!

Posted

You're welcome, Marie. And, yes, my name is Cynthia.

Posted

While looking for something else, I came across that original thread. It's titled 7 Div. Bde. Machine Gun Company and it's under Technical Support.

Posted

Thank you for your input. Apologies - I didn't want to re-raise an old issue. The posts on this must have passed me by.

As the current focus seems to be on completing as many open diaries as possible prior to release of the next batch, it felt like an opportunity to get another one "put to bed".

Regards Peter

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Sorry for the lack of response on this (I've been away). If I recall correctly, the diary is finished, as Marie and Cynthia say, so we need to get it put in the processed queue so it's not sitting there with those tantalising few pages apparently remaining. This'll be one for Colin at IWM to sort out with the folks at the Zooniverse.

Posted

Not sure if anyone else has highlighted this, but the diary for 4 Division : 11 Field Ambulance also shows as completed, but still appears on the diary page.

Regards Peter

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. I'll add it to the list for investigation 😃

Posted