War Diaries Talk

Number of Diaries

• Cal55 by Cal55

I meant to post this when I first started, but I noticed that when selecting a diary (unit) to work on the display screen suggests there are 10 pages, but pages 7-10 are blank. This still seems to be the case. Is this intentional?

Cheers
    Cal

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Depends what you mean by blank! Do you mean you get a diary page come up but there's nothing written on it? Or do you mean you get a blue screen come up?

Is this just with one specific diary or all?

Posted

• Cal55 by Cal55

I meant when searching for a unit/diary to start working on. When I go to this page, for example :-
    http://www.operationwardiary.org/#/diaries/7

I don't mean the actual diary pages, I mean where it says 'Pick a diary to work on'

Cheers
    Cal

Posted

Oh sorry, I see exactly what you mean now! Yes it's intentional. As far as I know the diaries are now "topped" up automatically, so when one is finished a new one is added. I don't think there's been anything on the last few pages for some time now so it may just be the number being kept constant is less than the full ten pages (if you see what I mean!) Hopefully there's still lots of choice though!

Posted

• Cal55 by Cal55

Yes, lots of choice, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and that there wasn't a bug. Thanks again.

Posted

• fisfiris by fisfiris

Thanks, Heather C, for your post on topping up. I guess that there are quite a few like me in the crowd who are happily tagging, but waiting for a particular regiment/ battalion, in which we have a personal interest, to appear. Is it possible to post these new uploads somewhere prominent on Talk, so we don't waste time continually perusing the list of available diaries?

Posted

I don't think so I'm afraid. We have no control over what comes next and the classify page works automatically. You can search the National Archives site to see if it has actually been digitised of course.

I will ask if there's a way of highlighting new diaries. I'm honestly not sure if they even appear on the last page of the selection pages or if it's random.

Posted