War Diaries Talk

Finished diary

• lnnseagan by lnnseagan

Is it only me having this problem, that a lot of the diaries seem to have the message that the diary now have been completed etc.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Well it depends what you mean. When / where are you seeing this message and is it with diaries that you personally have tagged? Do you mean you see it when you select a diary - "thank you for helping to complete the diary of XXX, this diary is now complete please select another" or something similar?

Posted

• lnnseagan by lnnseagan

Yepp, least half of them, both the ones I have tagged and the ones I haven't, and I know that they are not complete. Yes, that message, and I have seen this happening only today so far. If I fiddle long enough, I am able to get a page or two but this is strange.

Posted

How annoying. I'm not seeing it here but that means nothing. Is anyone else seeing this please?

Jim - if you are reading this - any ideas?

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

I've tried a few diaries at random and not had any problems, I'm afraid.

Jim

Posted

• lnnseagan by lnnseagan

Well, suppose have to stick with it then.

Posted

You've tried the obvious log out and in again and refresh page and all that stuff I imagine? Don't know what else to suggest 😦

Posted

Jim - I had another PM about this today. User had only tagged 6 pages when they got this message. When they came back to it the next time the diary was back again (so presumably they logged out and in again).

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin in response to HeatherC's comment.

Hi Heather, do you know which diary it was?

Posted

Hi Jim

These were the 2 PMs I got about it. First this one:

"I made a start on 3 DIVISION: 2 Battalion South Lancashire Regiment which was 0% completed. I got to about page 6, and then got the message 'this diary completed'. I think there were about 300 to go. Is this correct?"

Then about an hour later:

"All OK. I went back and I was able to continue where I left off."

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to eatyourgreens's comment.

Hello eatyourgreens and Heather,

This one was posted Saturday.

"I have been looking at 6 DIV 2 Bde RHA diary on page 4 of the list. It reports itself as 3% complete, but after clicking on the STart button, tells me that it has been completed, and to choose another. Are some wires crossed?"

It was resolved by restarting the browser. Would you like me to PM him and find out what his browser and OS are?

wildcatjenny

(BTW the unit listing on the Diary pages was actually "RFA" and not "RHA".)

Posted

• lnnseagan by lnnseagan

The only, not the best solution, I found was to close the window. being logged in or off doesn't matter, it's completely random, and after a while it reappears. Not sure what it might be, definitely something on your end, (think it's something like a script problem) but it's not the end of the world. (tried in both firefox and chrome, same results)

Posted

Is that WO/95/1596/5? I can't see any problems with that diary. Our database shows 39 pages completed, 874 available to be tagged.

Jim

Posted

• calvados by calvados

Hello. I've had 2 attempts to start a new diary. Each time, I start tagging but them a box opens to say this diary is complete and would I chose another. The 2 in question are: 6 Div. 14 Bn. Durham Light Infantry and 5 Div. 1 Bn Cheshire Regt.

Can you explain please, I'm confused as both are showing less than 10% complete.

Posted

You're not alone http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000m/discussions/DWD0000g80 (I will merge this thread into that one)

No idea why we are having both this and the "blue page" problem but it looks as though we need a proper investigation into the whole thing next week. I can't do anything I'm afraid as I have no database access.

Please do try the "sign out, shut browser, open browser and sign back in again" standard fix though and see if it helps!

Posted

I've been able to reproduce the bug where a diary was falsely reported as complete. I've just updated the site with a fix. You'll need to reload the page to get the new code but hopefully this problem will be gone now 😃

Jim

Posted

• calvados by calvados

"Completed Diary" bug seems to have sorted itself out after logging out & in again. Thanks.

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to eatyourgreens's comment.

Thank you eatyourgreens for fixing the "completed diary" problem! We appreciate your help more than we can say.

wildcatjenny

Posted