War Diaries Talk

Two pages on one scan

• fisfiris by fisfiris

I'm sure that I have seen this question already but I can't find it in the boards: the diary pages are scribbled on exercise book paper - aok but now I have 2 pages on one scan. Should I hashtag it for rescan or tag as normal hoping that the dates can be unscrambled? Side issue is that the pages have also come up out of order.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Please hashtag it as #badscan because it's not really possible to use the date tag on it correctly. Best way is to tag the first date on the left hand page and the last on the right hand page. Then at least we have a range.

Posted

• fisfiris by fisfiris

These double -scan pages go on and on. Do you want me to hashtag them all as badscan (it could go on for years!) or can tech support have a look at the sequence and extract them all?

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

It isn't a tech support issue, it's one for National Archives. Can you just note which diary this is exactly, here in this thread and then I will move the post to the right area and call their attention to the issue. Then you can stop hashtagging it - I do see your point about that if it goes on for pages!

Posted

• fisfiris by fisfiris

It's 1 Div, 2 Infantry Bde, 2 Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. The last properly scanned page was somewhere in Nov 14; then it skipped to Jan ?15(no year recorded) and the double pages .
    Others have tagged these double pages leaving comment on content, but no mention of the #badscan.
    Thanks

Posted