War Diaries Talk

Blue page?

• calvados by calvados

Hello from new transcriber. I must be doing something wrong: when I start to tag my first image the screen goes blue and the image disappears. I'm using Firefox on a mac. Thanks.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Can you confirm you have an up to date version of FireFox?

Also try refreshing the page and then logging right out and in again and see if that fixes it. If not then I'm afraid you need someone more technically minded than me!

Posted

• calvados by calvados

Thanks for this. I've reloaded Firefox and all seems well. I'm sure I'll have more questions - like how do I tag " in Divisional Lines", when nothing much seems to be happening?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Glad you got the blue screen issue sorted out. I wouldn't tag 'in divisional lines' at all, unless they mention something that fits in with the standard tags - resting, under fire, etc. Hope that helps.

Posted

• shuli by shuli

The program showed me a blue page, then when I refreshed it skipped ahead and I missed a page... How can I go back to see the 73rd page to find out what happened to the battalion in the Battle of Festubert? I sort of want to know 😃

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

If you didn't actually tag the page at all then you can't go back and see it. If you did tag it, but just lost it somehow when it refreshed, then it may be in your "recent pages" section of your profile. Click on the "Profile" link at the top of the diary classification page and you will see.

Posted