War Diaries Talk

Order of pages being presented for tagging

• stoat11 by stoat11

Hi,
    I was quite happily tagging the diary for 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington and came across a map page following an order page at the end of Feb 1915. Wasn't sure how to classify it so went to field guide and then had to log off for a minute. When I logged back on I was given the same diary but starting 25th July 1915. What happened from 1st March 1915 to 24th July 1915? Is there a way of getting back to where I left off - it's a shame if not, as I have got quite attached to this unit. 😦

Cheers,
    Mike

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

The way the system works is that multiple people tag each diary (up to 5) and it compares all their tags to produce a "best fit" series of data. Thus the diary is not unique to you and if others are tagging it too then it's quite possible that you don't see every page. having said that, it's unusual to miss such a big chunk if you were only off for a few minutes. If you look at the page numbers the system allocates you can tell how many pages you actually missed - this will tell you if it was a lot or maybe something odd about the diary and just a few. It's possible for the system to make a mistake but not usual. I'm afraid you cannot go backwards but can only take the pages in the order the system presents them.

Posted

• stoat11 by stoat11

Hi Heather,
    Many thanks for the update. I do seem to have missed a lot of pages but if that's the way it works then fine.

Cheers,
    Mike

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Hi Mike

See this post for a Blog link that explains a bit further how the data is derived. http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000l/discussions/DWD0000cvc

Heather

Posted