War Diaries Talk

Screen display

• NortonCaff by NortonCaff

This sounds a bit basic I'm afraid. My screen does not show complete titles of the longer titles on the left eg unity activity. Also on hashtagging I can't find the "post comment button" which has stopped me hashtagging!
    I have changed my picture size using CTRL and scrolling with the mouse but this changes nothing. I'm sure there's a basic solution but I can't work it out. Can anyone help please?

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

My son said, it might be that the screen resolution is too low. Go to your desktop and right click on an empty space, you should have an option for "screen resolution" or it might be called "display". Choose that and you are looking for a slider to set the screen resolution. It will usually go in stages like 1280 by 800, 1650 by 1080 etc, just choose a higher number and see if it makes a difference.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Good advice from marie.eklid there. Have you managed to resolve the issue?

As for the post comment button, if you open the talk box (which you get to by clicking on the stylised icon of a speech bubble to the left of the 'Finished!' button), then at the bottom you'll see a green block saying 'post comment'. Just click on that and everything you've written will be saved.

Posted

• NortonCaff by NortonCaff

My screen resolution has always been at the highest setting it will go. 1680 x 1050. I am now been able to see the "post comment" button, not quite sure what I did. It was not visible before, just a thin green line at the bottom of the box.
    So I'm OK but it is irritating. It has been like this since the start of my tagging and I am used to it.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Have you tried out other screen resolutions? It's not necessarily the size, but the ratio of width to height that can make the difference. Mine's 1280 x 1024, for example, and it works fine. Let me know if you're still having problems and I'll see if the Zooniverse support desk can offer up an suggestions.

Posted