War Diaries Talk

Private Messages not able to be marked as read

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

When you get a Private message (PM) and open it in the main screen by clicking on the title of the message in the sidebar it is marked as read and so the "new message" icon at the top of the screen vanishes. I have now been sent TWO PMs with no title. This means I can't click to open them in the main screen, only read them in the sidebar and thus the "new message" icons never go away. It's pretty annoying! Can it please be made so that PMs can't be sent without a subject title so this does not happen?

Posted

Arrgghh now i have three of these damn things I can't delete. Anyone on the Admin / Technical side able to help?

Posted

and now I have four... please someone on the technical side do something abut this before I have a nervous breakdown 😛

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Sorry Heather, just saw this. I'll pass this onto the Zooniverse guys and see if they can help.

Posted

• mrniaboc by mrniaboc admin

Hi Heather,

I'll raise this with the dev guys.

Cheers

Grant

Posted

Thanks Grant and whoever put this right (Jim?) Nervous breakdown averted for now!

Heather

Posted

I thought this had been solved? Today I've had two more PMs without subjects / titles and once again I cannot open them properly or get rid of the "new message" icon. Can we PLEASE make it so that a PM can't be sent without a subject?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Sorry, Heather. Let me get back to the Zooniverse guys about this and see what's happened.

Posted