War Diaries Talk

Submit button greyed out

• Poodle by Poodle

Tried to submit request for new tag and the submit button went grey/froze

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Not sure what you mean by "request for a new tag"? Where exactly did you try to post?

Posted

• Poodle by Poodle

Sorry Heather, I'm sleep deprived at the moment. I attempted to add a comment on the discussion board, requesting that a tag for "Returned from base" be considered. When I clicked on the Submit button, it just went grey and I couldn't send the message.

Posted

Very odd - may have been a temporary thing? Is this an option to be added to the Person Tag or a new tag for a Unit? If it's the Person tag then I'm not too sure why one of the existing tags won't do? Usually there is a reason they've been at the base or they are joining for the first time. Have you got a link to a page where this phrase is used?

I think this is the best thread to add requests for new tags to http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD0000008/discussions/DWD00001b0

Posted

• Poodle by Poodle

I was referring to a Person Tag. It says Lt Cockburn rejoined from the base. I know he was already an officer in the 19th Hussars. Without the benefit of a back button, I couldn't remember whether he'd been sick, away training, attached to another unit or coming back from leave via the base. This particular dairist tends to be a bit vague. I am trying to be as accurate as possible, especially where it concerns an individual.

http://www.operationwardiary.org/?utm_source=Zooniverse Home&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Homepage Catalogue#/classify

Posted

Can't see your page from that link I'm afraid, it just takes anyone clicking on it to their own classify page. To get the link for a specific page there are two methods

1. Start the thread directly from the "comments box" if you are still on the page in question. Click the link that says "discuss this page on talk"
    2. If you have moved off the page go to your profile from the link at the top of the classify page, scroll down to recent pages, find the right one, click to open it and copy the unique link to it from the top browser bar.

If you think we need this tag then suggest it in the thread I linked. I understand why you are asking given your vague diarist but I think the problem will be it may be considered too vague when there are more specific tags already. By the way despite the lack of a back button if you only need to look at the page rather than tag it, you can look at the last half dozen or so pages you have tagged via the recent pages in the profile as I described in point 2 above if that would help find out why he had been away.

Posted