War Diaries Talk

Tag disappearing in Chrome

• SarahtheEntwife by SarahtheEntwife

Today the tag images seem to be disappearing when I use Chrome -- it lets me enter them, and they're clearly there because I can select them again and the menu pops up with the right information, but I just can't see them. It's done the same thing on two different PC computers, Chrome browser up to date. Firefox seems to work fine.

Posted

• KJL1911 by KJL1911

I am having the same problem in Chrome. The tags are not showing up on the page. I can enter the details but if I want to find something again then I have great problems in locating it on the page.
    I have tried Firefox and that seems to be fine.
    This seems to have happened since I did a big Windows update.

Posted

• lukesmith by lukesmith moderator

Hmm, annoying. Its working fine for me in chrome / win 7. Chrome is the browser we use most frequently within the team. Can you both tell me what versions of chrome and OS you are running. Thanks!

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

I'm getting this in Chrome, on OSX, too. Chrome updated a couple of days ago, to version 34, so I suspect that the latest Chrome has a bug which is preventing the tag markers from displaying. I'll see if I can find a way to work around this.

Jim

Posted

I'm using the most recent version of Chrome according to the check-version page, and the two machines have been Windows 7 and 8.

Posted

• SilverSeadog by SilverSeadog

I find that the first tag on the page displays ok, but the rest are invisible. I'm using Win 7 & Chrome 34.0.1847.116 m.

Posted

Yup, same here -- the first tag displays fine, and occasionally the others pop back up briefly (sometimes only half the tag shows, which is particularly weird), but otherwise they're invisible.

Posted

• KeTyBo by KeTyBo

Just logged on and I am experiencing the same issue.

Posted

This is exactly what I'm experiencing in Chrome 34.0.1847 on OSX Mavericks. My first tag on the page appears, all the others vanish but still respond to the mouse when I move the cursor around. Also, if I zoom the page right in, and drag it around, my tags appear but Chrome will only show one tag at a time.

I am looking to see if I can fix this, but it does seem to be a bug in this particular version of Chrome.

Jim (Zooniverse)

Posted

If you are experiencing this bug, you can still cycle through your tags on the page using the tab key, and Chrome will popup the form for each one even if the tag marker isn't showing up. Not hugely helpful, I'm afraid, but it does let you navigate through your tags when they're invisible.

Posted

• KJL1911 by KJL1911

I am on the following version of Chrome:

Version 34.0.1847.116 m

Posted

I've downloaded Chrome 35 from their beta download page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/beta.html

My tags are back in that version of Chrome! Maybe this is just a glitch in Chrome 34?

If anyone else decides to try the beta version of Chrome, to get around this bug, this page has some advice on how to backup your browsing data before installing it: http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

Posted

• angiehart by angiehart

I'm having the same problem with disappearing tags using Chrome version 34.0.1847.116m on Windows 7.

I've tried to tab through the tags as suggested by eatyourgreens but I couldn't get this to work, maybe its because I'm tagging report pages so there is no timeline. As you say, if you move your cursor around the page you can find them again.

Posted

I've put in a workaround which should, fingers crossed, stop your tags disappearing on Chrome.

Posted

• angiehart by angiehart

Tags back working again. Thanks very much.

Posted

All's well! Thanks so much!

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

I can only see the first date tag.

Posted