War Diaries Talk

Tablets, iPad etc- About Us info

• makfai by makfai

I see under the 'About Us' information are details of compatible browsers (see below). There is only reference to PC/Mac hardware.

I suppose, therefore, that people like me who have been moaning about compatibility problems with the iPad have only ourselves to blame. The project appears never to have been designed to work with tablets such as the iPad etc.

I see that IE8 is specifically mentioned as incompatible. Could I suggest that this is expanded to cover mention of tablet hardware and platforms?

I would, however, urge the project managers to reconsider. This type of project is ideal for tablet users who might be travelling or simply sitting at home in their armchairs browsing their tablets. It is better to have the option of spending time doing this than playing some meaningless game.

Quote from "About Us":
    'BROWSERS

The platform is designed to work on a PC with IE'9 (or higher) or with latest versions of Chrome and Firefox. On a Mac it is designed to work with the latest version of Safari. On PCs running Windows XP the platform will work with latest versions of Chrome and Firefox, but not with IE 8.

Users of older browsers will need to upgrade to ensure all the site functionality is available.'

Posted