War Diaries Talk

Changes at OWD General Headquarters

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

There are changes afoot at OWD! More Imperial War Museum staff are getting involved, which means we will have two shiny new moderators hitting the Talk forums.

They are @cczyzyk and @csweett, and you'll start seeing them around the place very soon. As well as answering questions and providing support, they'll be working away behind the scenes with the Zooniverse and the National Archives to ensure a steady stream of diaries for the tagging queue and increasing use of the data we're generating.

They'll also be taking over the facebook and blog entries (the latter of which I have horribly neglected over the last few months - my apologies!), so keep an eye out next week for their first posts!

Our fantastic team of volunteer moderators and historians will still be here as well, so all the familiar usernames will be posting alongside the new.

Happy tagging, everybody!

Rob

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Rob, Will you still be popping in here occasionally? If not, I will miss your thoughtful answers and your great sense of humor.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

A warm welcome to the new recruits. Hope the moderators who have been so good as helping us, will not be going.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to cgastwein@aol.com's comment.

Never fear, I'll still be floating around in the ether 😄

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist in response to marie.eklid@virginmedia.com's comment.

Thanks, Marie - the current team, including the fantastic @HeatherC, will still be here. Our new colleagues are more in the nature of reinforcements! I should probably have hashtagged this as such - #draft two new arrivals fresh from IWM!

Posted

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34

LOL got to be over 50 draftees to get a tag Ral!

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

I was going to say we'll miss you Rob, but I know you'll still be here commenting even if not in the same capacity as before! And more moderators can only be a good thing 😃

Posted