War Diaries Talk

War Horses - A New Blog Post

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Read our new blog post, written by none other than our very own @HeatherC!

http://blog.operationwardiary.org/2014/07/25/war-horses-the-power-of-hashtags-in-operation-war-diary/

Horses played a vital role on the Western Front, and we've been looking at ways to ensure mentions of them in the diaries are properly recorded. Heather provides an update on that, as well as some fascinating insights into the sheer scale of the contribution made by our equine friends.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Thanks Rob

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has used one of the new horses hashtags. It made it very easy to find lots of nice examples to use in a post like this when you can simply search for them. In fact there were so many good ones I was spoiled for choice in this case!

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator

Hi @HeatherC !
    I really enjoyed your article. Very well written and informative.

Posted

• Poodle by Poodle

Enjoyed reading the article Heather. Coincidentally there was a repeat on "Yesterday" of "War Horse:the real story" this lunchtime, which was very moving. Pity we can't go back to the first tranche of diaries, when we didn't have the new horses hashtags.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator in response to Poodle's comment.

We sort of can... If you search for "horses" on the search page then you can find all the pages that were originally just tagged as "horses" and you can add the new hashtags. I did a few while I was looking for examples for the article. (Note I'm not suggesting anyone spends time doing this...)

Posted