War Diaries Talk

Another blog post - meet the researchers involved in Operation War Diary!

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

In this week's blog post, Chris Kempshall discusses how the data you're all generating will help him as he investigates the relationships between soldiers of different nations: http://blog.operationwardiary.org/2014/06/09/meet-the-team-chris-kempshall/

You can help Chris by using the hashtag #alliedrelations to make note of any interactions between troops of different nations.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Very interesting Blog post by Chris. I have a question about exactly what he wants hashtagged. Is he interested in specific instances where the soldiers of two allied countires actually have some sort of personal interaction or is he interested in any mention of allies. Examples of what I mean:

1. For the first - "we met some French soldiers at the top of the trench and swapped rations with them" (I made this one up!)
    2. For the second - "we took over the trench from a French Battalion" or "we heard the Germans had broken through the French line to our left" (I have seen both of these hashtagged "French")

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I think he's interested in both, Heather. The first sort of interaction predominantly, but the second just to sort of give the context.

Posted