War Diaries Talk

Twitch streamer saying Hello

• kodemunkey by kodemunkey

Hi there, i'm Kodemunkey. I've made 2000+ classifications across several projects, including Moon Zoo, where i added 13 pages of finds to a forum project which was being run by Professor Tony Cook and earned me a research credit in the paper i helped research. I'm currently the top contributor to the Label Mars project and I've helped make some interesting discoveries on Shakespeare's World too.

Recently i've hit upon the idea of streaming Zooniverse project classifications on Twitch. I ran a test stream for Shakespeare's World last night which seemed to go well and I had one participant asking when i'll be doing more. I first gained permission from the Shakespeare's World team and my hope is that I can get permission from your project as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Hi, kodemunkey, Welcome to Operation War Diary.

I just popped in to let you know we've seen your post, but I'm going to let our other moderator @ral104 handle your request. I don't have the authority to say yes or no to something like this. I've sent him a message, so you should hear from him in the next 24 hours or so.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Hi. Thanks for getting involved.

Do you mean you want to stream your own project classifications on Twitch, or something more general?

There are a couple of thing to consider, in particular the need to include some reference to the National Archives, who are the owners of the diary page images. We're also not allowed to replicate entire diaries, so you'd have to limit yourself to extracts only.

I'd be interested to learn more about your aim in doing this too - is it instructional, aimed at other volunteers, or are you hoping to reach people not yet involved in this sort of project?

Rob

Posted