War Diaries Talk

Moderators: Would you like to join the launch of a new Zooniverse project

• evanrobertsnz by evanrobertsnz

hello Operation War Diary Moderators

In a couple of days Zooniverse will be launching a new World War I project -- Measuring the ANZACs. It's based at the University of Minnesota, and is a collaboration with Archives New Zealand and the Auckland War Memorial Museum. The project involves both marking and transcription of text fields to capture information from personnel files about the social and demographic background of ANZAC soldiers, their health on enlistment and their wartime experiences from History sheets.

We hope for a lot of traffic on the site in the first few days and weeks, and wondered if any moderators from OWD would like to help out with the launch by moderating on the talk boards over on the new project. It doesn't have to be a long term commitment if you'd rather return to the diaries! But we would love your experience and assistance.

If you're interested, let me know by replying to this, or sending me a private message. We can then get you set up on the new site as a moderator.

Thanks!
    Evan Roberts

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks for letting us know about this; sounds like an excellent project. As well as the mods, we have a lot of longstanding, very knowledgeable volunteers here who might also like to help out.

Posted