War Diaries Talk

thought I was doing it right but not sure

• totenkopf by totenkopf

Hello everyone .
    I started today with the 2nd cal div 4a sanitation section .
    I thought I was doing everything right ,I must have done a dozen paged easily , but when I went back it stated that only 10 pages were done , as if I had not done anything , can anyone tell me where I went wrong ,its like I never did anything , perhaps I wasn't logged in but I didn't think that I needed to to do the work . any help would be great.
    Frank

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Hi Frank and welcome to the project. When you say "it stated only ten pages were done", where exactly did it say that? If you mean on the front page where you choose the diary from, then don't worry. "Complete" in this context means "tagged by 5 different people". The way the project works is it takes the "best fit" data from tags placed by 5 different people and a page isn't marked "complete" until then.

To tell what you personally have done, look at your Classify profile. Click on the "Profile" link at the top of the diary classification page. This should show how many pages and how many tags you have placed. There was some question about whether they show up straight away and I can't remember the conclusion so give it a few hours.

If there's still something you aren't sure about then do ask!

Posted

• totenkopf by totenkopf

Thanks Heather .
    I did what you stated and it says "35 pages" but it only shows ten actual pages at the bottom so perhaps your right when you state that they might not show up right away. its amazing to think that its been 100 years. the history channel is having a special near the end of the month and I am looking forward to it.
    thanks for answering my post .
    all the best ,Frank

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

No problem Frank, glad it worked out and that you are enjoying the tagging - be careful though it gets very addictive 😛 . There's more about how to use your profiles here http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000g/discussions/DWD0000cx8 including how you can see the last half dozen or so pages you completed (just to check something is there!)

Heather

Posted

• Juannd by Juannd

Hi everyone,
    I'm fairly new to tagging Operation War Diary but I find it very interesting and enjoyable. In fact, as Heather says, it can be very addictive!
    Best wishes to you all,
    Julie

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to Juannd's comment.

Welcome Julie!

We are glad you decided to become a Citizen Historian with Operation War Diary. Feel free to post questions to the Discussion Boards or to send a personal message to one of the moderators.

wildcatjenny

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Absolutely! Great to have you on-board, Julie!

Posted