War Diaries Talk

MEDALS

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34

Is it #dmc or #DCM ??At the moment just #DSO is in capitals as per hashtag list. It would be more consistant for all initials to be capitals also out of respect.

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

It makes no difference, the system picks up both. However if the hashtag has already been added by someone then nothing is gained by hashtagging it again as the tag only gets picked up once (unlike normal tags)

Posted

• 141Dial34 by 141Dial34

aahh ok ty & I'd missed the #mid tag .Maybe an update of the hashtag list?Is #newspaper tag still relevent when they mention the gazette?Also when a ribbon is presented how do I hashtag this or just leave it at awards & commendations & not hashtag it?While I have you,should accidents with bombs for example be mentioned?Its not exactly friendly fire but sometimes they kill/wound each other during bomb practice.Not really non combat death either.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I'd only use the #newspaper tag for specific mentions of an article or if there is a clipping included.

I think ribbons would be covered by the standard 'awards and commendations' tag. No need for a hashtag.

As for casualties during training, I would tag them as non-combat deaths, in the same way as road traffic accidents and similar.

Hope that helps!

Posted