War Diaries Talk

Is there a glitch on the google map box again?

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Query re putting a place on the google map box. On tagging a diary and putting the place in the googe map box it has been coming up with the place area as it should.
    By chance I checked my place entries and the google map did not show the area place I entered.

I have seen this happen before and later on had to go back and re-tag the places so they would show the area for the place entered. Even when re-tagging them again and putting in the place areas again, today the google map is taking the area places off again.

I thought once you put the place area on the google map box and it showed that area, that it would stay there.

Has anyone come across this before?

PS In the diary I am tagging the Btn is moving towards Germany and there quite a lot of places to tag. Maybe if I just sign in and sign out again, or refresh the page, it may go back to normal. It does not go back to normal.

This is still happening on Saturday 17 November 2018. Frustrating when you put the name in the google box map and it puts the area in, then later the area disappears again.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Marie, It sounds like you need to clear your browser cache again.

I know you use Chrome, so just click on the three dots in the upper right corner. In the box that opens, go down to More Tools. Click on that and it opens a second box where you will see Clear Browsing Data. Click on that and a third box opens where you can select what you want to clear. Select Cached Images and Files and then click the box at the bottom of the window that says Clear Data.

Then log out of OWD, or you can log out before going to Chrome, close Chrome, and restart your computer.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Cynthia, I cleared my chrome browser not so long ago but as suggested will clear it again.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I clear mine this way every night before I turn off the computer. It only takes a few seconds. You don't need to clean out all the cookies.

Posted