War Diaries Talk

Is there a Google map box glitch on the Google map box in the diaries today Sun 21/10/2018.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Seems to be a Glitch on Google map place box putting in different name places to those typed, i.e. Hornoy showing Morlancourt also for other places typed showing different places. Is this happening to anyone else when using the Google map box on the diary pages? Actually this usually happens at week-ends.

Also, after refreshing the diary page and typing the place names in again, they did show the place they should be, I then went back before finishing page and they had reverted to putting different place names in again, i.e. Morlancourt etc.

My Page link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD00046ln

Will sign out and come in again and see if it makes any difference.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Did you clear your cache? What you are describing happens to me when mine is too full.

I've just signed in now, but when I was tagging a few hours ago I had no trouble.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Signed in again later, seemed to be Ok with google map, but I was going to clear my cache tomorrow. Mind I haven't cleared it for a while, so maybe as you say it needs clearing. PS So that page I mentioned will probably have incorrect map places on it.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Don't worry about the incorrect places. That's why we have five people tag every page. I've had this happen, too.

I clear my cache every night before I shut down my computer.

Posted