War Diaries Talk

Message from lthompson214 Re query on Timelines and Dates.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I have posted your query on this Discussion Board/Questions and Answers under Standard Tags and Tagging, so the Moderators can see it. It can be missed if just posted in the comments box of the page.

i.e. “I can't get the timeline to come out right. No matter what I do, the locations are not showing up under the correct dates”. Your page link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003y3m

Have your tried re-loading this page or signing out and signing in again?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

It sounds like it might be something to do with where you drop the date tags. My advice is not to put these on the dates themselves, but above them. Everything beneath the date tag line will be included within that date, until another date line is encountered.

Hope that helps.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Another possibility is that if you are tagging places in the body of text, as opposed to in the left-hand column on the page, and adding a check in the box provided where it says "Is the unit currently here?" the place name will go to the next date on the time line.

The check mark is really intended only to be used for place names in the left-hand column.

Posted

• lthompson214 by lthompson214

I think I figured it out, it was an issue with where I dropped the tag.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Glad to hear that!

If you're new to our project, it can be a bit overwhelming! Don't worry about mistakes, though, as our system, where several people tag each page, helps take the pressure off.

Posted