War Diaries Talk

Moderators #outoforder Battalion Orders for diary of Diary of 18th Btn West Yorkshire Regiment- Dec 1916.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Btn Orders follow Last page of Dec 1916 diary link:
    https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD00042b2

The Btn order pages are mixed up. I have commented #outoforder and entered the paragraphs listed for these orders. Quite a few so cannot link up with what orders they were connected to. Still tagging the orders and will continue to put what information I can in the comment boxes if they still continue out of order. Pages running in sequence.

When tagging this December diary for 1916, the Author made notes in the margin of this diary referring to Btn. Orders 43/44/45/46/47. Against my notes I have:

Page 183: Against diary dates for 3-9 Dec 1916 (Orders Nos. 43 and 44). At Hebuterne and Rossingnol Farm.
    Page 188: Against diary dates 14-19 Dec 1916 (Order Nos. 45 and 46). At Sailly, The Keep and Couin.
    Page 189: Against diary dates 20-31 Dec 1916 (Order No. 47) At Couin.

Not sure if this information may help anyone sorting these #outoforder order pages out.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

There's nothing we can do to sort them into the proper order now, so just keep noting them as #outoforder as you have been.

And your notes as you have posted here will be helpful, I'm sure.

Thank you for letting us know.

Posted

Marie, I've looked at some of your comments attached to the out-of-order orders. I think if it is easier for you just using the hashtag will be enough. That will alert anyone who really wants to look at that section that it's all mixed up.

Posted

Thanks for that reply Cynthia. The same out of order comment applied to nearly every order for an 1917. Looks as though it may carry on throughout this diary - but hope not as there are 511 page to this diary.

Posted

I don't have time at the moment to make an excursion into the Data Digger to look at the rest of the diary, but I'll try to take a look later tonight. (It's early afternoon my time.) I'll let you know what I find.

Posted

OK, Cynthia, thanks for that information. No problem. If further orders are out of order throughout, I will comment #outoforder and just keep calm and carry on!

Posted

I took a look as far as September 1917 and it seems that they are in better order leading up to that point. However, the orders for April and May 1917 are all in one batch between the April and May diaries, but they seem to be mostly in order.

It looks like there are several nice maps, too.

Posted