War Diaries Talk

The Definitive Hashtag List

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Cynthia, I noticed the tag #fgcm It does not appear on the Definitive Hashtag list. The tag I associate it with in Army life is #disciplline and also the person tag of disciipine.

Do I need to add it to my hashtag list?

PS When tagging diaries and a FGCM is held I always make a mention in the comment box of the person concerned, his offence, and if given, the sentence passed. i.e. Field Punishment Number/Hard Labour/Imprisonement/ etc and for how long. 😃

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I'm not entirely sure where you noticed the hashtag #fgcm but if you're referring to my use of it earlier today (Saturday), I used it because the court-martial in question did not pertain to anybody in the battalion in which the two officers served. It seemed significant because two officers from the same battalion were appointed, but neither of the actual tags you mention are appropriate as they are designed for use with the accused man.

In an effort to be impartial, ideally court-martial panels consisted of officers from units other than the accused man's unit.

Hashtags can be used whether or not they appear on the Definitive Hashtag List; the list is simply an effort to regularize the hashtags our volunteers use, so that all references to, for example, the condition of horses, appear under the same hashtag. This makes searching for them easier and more efficient. #fgcm appears in the comments from time to time. Generally, if a man in the unit is being disciplined or court-martialed, the regular tags should cover it.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Thanks for your reply Cynthia. I quite often see the tag #fgcm in the comments boxers of the diaries and just wondered if it should be on the Definitive Hashtag list.

Posted