War Diaries Talk

Query on Diary of 3rd Divisional Troops 3rd Divisional Train (15/21/22/29 Coys ASC) -1 Sept 1915-31 Dec 1915. 440 pages.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Moderators: Wonder if you could give me some information re this diary? Diary runs in sections for the different Coy’s.

Started this Diary on page 42 for No. 3 Coy Divisional Train. End of No. 3 Coy on page 67.

Cover page for No. 4 Coy 3rd Divisional Train starts on page 69. End of No. 4 Coy on page 77.

Start of HQ Coy 3rd Divisonal Train Cover page 79. End of HQ Coy on page 85 (Profile page 1039).
    Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003td2

The next page to appear is page 89 - Cannot give link, have not started to tag this page yet. They are at Busseboom 4-6 Sept 1915.
    Pages 86 to 88 did not appear – probably tagged by other people.

My query is I do not know what Coy this section refers to on page 89 and continuing, as pages 86-88 did not appear. I am asking because when I come to tag any names and they ask for the unit I do not know what Company section it is in the diary. I suppose if not mentioned, I can only tag on the Person Tag Unit as 3rd Divisional Train.

I have come across the Companies listed above for Sept 1915 – which would probably leave Companies No.1/No.2/Divisional Troops?/Ammo Column?

As I started at page 42, do know what companies went before for Sept 1915-31 Dec 1915.

Would you suggest I leave the Person Tag for the Unit Empty if I continue tagging or just put 3rd Divisional Train? As this diary states 400 pages – this may happen again if I do not come across pages in sequence and there maybe no clue to which Coy Section pages refer to.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Marie, the section you're currently working on is for the Senior Supply Officer of the Divisional Train. So not actually any of the companies themselves.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Thanks for that quick reply Ral.

Posted