War Diaries Talk

Misfiled Cover Page in the diary of the 1st Btn King’s Liverpool Regiment.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

The following link page 98 – Profile page 316 - shows a #misfiled cover page for this Regiment, for Jan to Dec 1917.

The Diary Title for this diary which I have just tagged ended 31st Dec 1916. Title shows diary runs from Jan 1916-Dec 1916. (97 pages only).

https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003svi

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Okay, thanks Marie.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator in response to marie.eklidvirginmedia.com's comment.

Was that cover page the last item in the diary? Or did it continue on into January 1917?

Posted

The cover page for Jan-Dec 1917 was the last item of the diary, which did not apply to that diary in question. The diary in question ending at 31st Dec 1916-as stated on the Title page and only containing 97 pages.

The cover page for Jan-Dec 1917 was numbered page 98, the diary for 1917 did not continue.

Pity the diary did not continue through 1917 and onwards - it was interesting. It may though come up to be tagged later, or it may have already been tagged previously.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

The diaries for this battalion run by years, and 1914, 1915, and 1917 have already been tagged. The one for 1918 is actually in the tagging queue right now. It's labeled 6 Infantry Brigade 5 Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment (1 Feb 1915 -- 31 Dec 1915).

I didn't check all the way through, but it seems to continue as 1918 for the 1st Bn. If you want to do it, though, you'll need to get right on it. Four people have already been through it.

Posted

Another Query on 1st Btn King’s Liverpool Regiment.

Cynthia You say the Diary for this (1st Btn) 1918 - is in queue for tagging. I brought it up to look at and I see it is Entitled 6 Infantry Brigade 5 Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment (1 Feb 1915 -- 31 Dec 1915). - the 5th Btn and not the 1st. Is this a different diary? You say the 1st Btn continues for 1918.

The page I brought up is page 84 of 879. 1st King's Order Number 22. no date. Appendix V111. Is this order misfiled seeing it comes under the heading of the 5 Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment (1 Feb 1915 -- 31 Dec 1915.

I will not go back and tag it as I am not sure which Btn of the King's Liverpool Regiment it is. Perhaps you can check it out.

I am now wondering if this batch of diaries does include the 1st Btn for 1918 further on. There seems to be a lot of pages in it. i.e 879. The section for 1st Btn King's Liverpool Diary I tagged ended 31 Dec 1916. at page 97 Although the next and last (page 98 misfiled as reported - was a cover page for Jan-Dec 1917.

Posted

Marie, the diary headed 5 Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment (1 Feb 1915 --31 Dec 1915) is mislabeled. It IS actually the 1st Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment diary beginning in January 1918 and running until April or May 1919. I went back and had another look at it. There are lots of orders, messages, and reports after each month so that is why it is so long.

So everything in the diary SHOULD say 1st King's Liverpool Regt. You can go ahead and tag them.

Now that we know it is mislabeled, we'll make a note of it.

Posted

Cynthia, thanks for checking that out. I will continue tagging it from page 84 Order No. 22 - 1st Battalion King's Liverpool. In the comment box for this page I have said -as you remarked - (#mislabelled diary. It is 1st Battalion King's Liverpool Reg. beginning in Jan 1918 & running April or May 1919. Not 5th Btn Ref Moderator).

Posted

Thanks for putting in that comment so any others who follow you will know, although I think you are the fifth tagger for this portion of the diary. Don't worry about noting it on every page, though. We already know that it's mislabelled.

Posted