War Diaries Talk

Just a query on the diary of the 2nd Battalion Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry Diary.

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I started this diary at Profile page 143 - 7-12th March 1915. Finished it at Profile page 227 - A nominal report of Officers at 31st December 1915. It states 1st Aug 1914-31st Aug 1919. 681 pages.

I thought this diary would continue all the way through to 31 August 1919 but the message comes up ‘Thank you for tagging this Diary, Diary now completed. After Profile page 227.

I presume that it is completely finished and other people have tagged this diary. Possibly Diary carried on from profile page 227 to page 681 in another section. There was no one making any comments throughout this diary when tagging it. Just thought I would mention it.

That was a surprise when it ended - If it had gone onto 681 pages would not have minded as interesting diary.

Last page link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003quj

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Thanks for bringing this up!

It appears that this file actually includes two diaries. The 2nd Ox & Bucks, which includes only 1915, is first and ends just where you said. After that is the diary for the 2nd Divisional Supply Train, which goes from August 1914 to August 1919. All the Supply Train pages have indeed been tagged by five people; at least the random selection that I looked at had been. Some of the earlier pages were tagged by seven, so I think this must have been up quite early on when we were still doing seven volunteers per page.

So you were right in assuming that others had tagged the rest of the file. It just isn't the 2nd Ox & Bucks diary.

Posted