War Diaries Talk

I can't tag

• Annabelle17 by Annabelle17

Apologies if this may sound stupid but I cannot seem to tag anymore. I did some work on here about a month ago, just logged back in to continue, tried out the tutorial again, but i cannot seem to open the date tag or any other. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble. I can think of two possibilities to start with.

First, as ridiculous as it sounds, we have had taggers, and I am among them, who did not realize at first that when you click on a tag, say the date tag, in the left-hand column it doesn't open right then. Next, you have to click on the spot on the diary page where you want to place the tag before the box opens.

Another possibility is that your browser cache is full. Operation War Diary does not work well with a full browser cache. Try signing out, clearing your cache, closing your browser, shutting down your computer, starting it up again, and signing back in.

If neither of these suggestions help, do let us know. If you need more help, if you can also let us know which diary you are trying to tag as well as what operating system (Windows 10, Safari, etc) and browser you are using, it might be useful in helping us solve the issue.

Posted