War Diaries Talk

Message for stork – re your comment on diary page link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003n8i - 1 Btn Gloucestershire Regiment

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Do you mean the dates 16th to 20th (or do you mean pages 16-20)? Missing. Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0003n8i

No pages missing in this diary, I tagged this diary for the 1 Btn Gloucestershire Regiment – 1 Jan 1917-31 Dec 1917. I Tagged pages 16 to 20 and dates also from 16th to 20th February . The diary ending at page 49. Other people may have tagged this diary also.

PS. End of Diary: Page 47 - cover page for Dec 1917.
    Page 48 – dated 16th -31 Dec 1917 - #outoforder
    Page 49 for 1-15 Dec 1917 followed page 48.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I think Stork meant that the dates of the 16th through the 20th are missing as this page you linked to starts with the 21st. Perhaps it has been tagged by 5 people already.

Posted

• Stork by Stork

Stork here- I remember that- the previous page ended on the 15th, and this page started on the 21st. The author had been very diligent about making an entry every day, so when those 4 days didn't show up I assumed that a page had been lost. Cyngast's suggestion that 5 people may have already tagged the diary is possible, but I'm doubtful about that since no other pages seemed to be missing, and also since this is diary was added to the website recently. So... I don't know why I didn't see those 4 days.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Definitely No pages Missing - in this diary, I tagged this diary for the 1 Btn Gloucestershire Regiment – 1 Jan 1917-31 Dec 1917. I Tagged pages 16 to 20 and dates also from 16th to 20th February . The diary ending at page 49. Other people may have tagged this diary also.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

The page for the 16th through the 20th and actually starting the 21st of February, 1917, is indeed complete, which means that 5 people have tagged it.

Posted