War Diaries Talk

Query on the Diary of 3rd Div. 3rd Divisional Troops : 3rd Divisional Train. (15,21,22,29 Companies ASC). (1 June 1915 to 31 Aug 1915)

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I wonder if you could check which Company’s Diary this is before I commence tagging it, which is part of the above diary.

No Coy mentioned on this page number 253. Cannot give you a link to this page because I haven’t tagged it yet it is for 1-15th August 1915 so not yet on my profile.

The only reference I can give you is the last 2 pages I tagged and which ran in sequence and were:

Page 911 But on my profile page 251 which is *No. 2 Coy 3rd Division Train. Dated 28th August 1915. End of their diary - Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD00036hx

Page 912 But on my profile page 252 - A Cover page but this only mentioned *No. 2 Coy which I have just tagged (which could be for any date). This maybe #outoforder because the Cover pages generally come before the diary in question. Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD00036js

PS The initials in the remarks column do not give me a clue either. It would be helpful to know before I start tagging it and then I can leave a comment on the page as to whose diary it is for anyone else tagging this page.

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

Marie, If there is a way to check on this, I don't know how to do it. I think you will have to wait for Rob to look at it.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

3 Coy appears several pages after the one you mention, Marie. There doesn't seem to be any way of telling which company these other pages belong to. Sorry.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

While continuing to tag the pages of this diary it was mentioned that Lt. Col. Berry was admitted to hospital and when he returned he took over Command. Previously I had this Lt. Col. in command of the 3rd Divisional Train. Still not sure about which Coy, so did not tag any person's unit on the person tag, unless it was stated which unit they were from. These particular diary pages finished on the 27-29 August 1915. There were none for the 30th and 31st August 1915. Therefore, unable to know who the Author was as it ended on the 29th August or what Coy it was either.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Okay, thanks Marie.

Posted