War Diaries Talk

#outoforder page in the diary of 3rd Div. 3rd Divisional Troops 3rd Divisional Train – 1-June 1915 to 31st August 1915

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Link: https://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD00036ie

This page for No. 4 Coy 3rd Divisional Train is out of diary page sequence for its diary month dates. Their dates on this page are 30th-31st July 1915. (Page 227).

I finished tagging their diary for July and it ended with the dates 28th and 29th July 1915. (page 145) – no dates for 30th-31st July. (At the time thought other people had tagged the page for 30-31st July 1915).

The dairy pages are running in sequence but for this page in question the page is out of sequence regarding their monthly dates. I would point out though that the next page to appear is for No. 4 Coy 3rd Divisional Train dated 1-4th August 1915 diary page (228).

In conclusion the #outof order page would usually appear at the end of their diary for July. Not at the beginning of their diary for August 1915. (There is a different Coy diary in between).

Also the out of order page (last page of their diary for July 1915) has the initials of the author of the diary’s initials in the remarks column, which are AGL. I believe this is Captain A G Lynn i/c of No. 4 Coy 3rd Divisional Train but have not tagged him as such, as only the initials appear.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Thanks, Marie. Sounds like those pages probably just got mixed up at some point.

If you're certain AGL is Captain Lynn, then feel free to tag it - sometimes there's very little doubt. However, if you're not 100% sure, then I agree you're right to leave it.

Posted