War Diaries Talk

Query on the Google Map Box - Is anyone else having this problem?

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Yesterday and also today Tues 15th, having trouble placing names in the google map box. When I insert a place and try to find the location in the box, the screen in the box stays all white and sometimes just half an image. I am using Windows 10, and Chrome.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

I haven't noticed any issues, but I'll check again first thing tomorrow. Anybody else?

Posted

Okay, I've tried to replicate the issue this morning, but everything seems to be working fine. Hopefully it was just a funny weekend glitch, but if anybody is still having a problem with the map widget, let me know and I'll see what we can do about it.

UPDATE: Now I am experiencing the issues - not sure why everything was okay before. I'll raise this as an issue.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

Google Map works again

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be

When I use the buton TALK I get a message that the site Zooniverse is not save and when I open it anyway, https of the url is strikethrough. I never had this message before.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

The Google Map Box is working OK. now.

Posted

Okay, glad the google maps thing is working again.

Erik, I think the issue you mention should also be okay now. As far as I can tell, the Zooniverse guys changed the page access to be more secure, but it took a while to filter through. I had the same issue as you, but it seems okay this morning. Let me know if it's still a problem.

Posted

• erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be by erik.schaubroeckscarlet.be in response to ral104's comment.

TALK is working fine now and Google maps also.

Posted

Great!

Posted