War Diaries Talk

date

• ejstedman by ejstedman

Hi
    I've just started to tag my first page but i can't tell what year the page is from - it is clear that it is the 9 March ?? where do I find this out.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Hi there. Don't worry if you can't work out the full date from the info on the page. Just enter as much as you can; the day and month in this case.

You'll find you can delete elements of the date from the text box at the top of the date tag.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Posted

• 21genesisreddicks by 21genesisreddicks

Hello I just was citing war journals and I had some issues. Based on prior knowledge, I know the British cite their dates differently. I just wanted to know, if I should cite the dates, the way we do it in the U.S. or if I should do like the British. Also could you tell me what the dates look like? Ex: month/day/year, that's America's

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

The English dates are written as: First the day, then the Month, then the Year. For example 3/12/1914 = 3rd December 1914. (day/month/year).

Posted

• cyngast by cyngast moderator

I don't think you can do the dates in the American style. The date tag automatically formats them to the British form.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Yes, British format it is! Thanks for handling this, Marie and Cynthia 😃

By way of another example, the 1st of September 1916 would be 01/09/1916.

Posted