War Diaries Talk

Finished Button Query - Possible Glitch on Programme?

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

I have just tagged page 763 of the 2nd Brigade Royal Field Artillery -15th to 17th April 1918. When I tagged the page and finished it and pressed the finished button - it was not working - would not let me finish. I then went to look at my profile to see if the tagged page had gone through. It had not registered. Only registered the page I had tagged before - page 762 - 13th to 15th April 1918. I can only give you the reference for this page 762: http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0002oop

Signed out, signed in again and the page in question (page 763 for 15-17th) April came back but with NO tags on, which I had already tagged.

I will when I sign on again, Tag this page again- I presume it will come up again. Have you any idea of why this has happened?

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Everything seems fine here, Marie.

I wonder if this has something to do with the earlier issue we experienced, where people who have tagged a lot of pages found their browser storage limit had been exceeded.

@eatyourgreens or @DZM might know more. Hopefully they'll be around later, but if not, I'll pass this through to the zooniverse helpdesk.

Posted

• marie.eklidvirginmedia.com by marie.eklidvirginmedia.com

Further to above query on the finished button of yesterday, Thursday 23rd. I have done a test page of another diary today, , in case the one I was working on did not register again - the page in question being very faint and lots of information on it. (page 763). Which I will tag again when I go back into that diary. There has been no problem with the new diary page I tagged, it registered on my profile and the finish button worked. So maybe the browser storage is OK.

I mention that yesterday when I signed in it took a long time and I could not bring the diary pages up at all. After I kept trying etc, the diary pages did come up - the programme being very very slow. (Wonder if anyone else experienced this?). So maybe this was part of the problem. I will keep calm and carry on.

Posted

• ral104 by ral104 moderator, scientist

Okay, thanks Marie. No other reports of similar issues so far, so let's hope it was just a temporary attack of the gremlins.

Let me know if you have any more issues, though, and we'll try and get to the bottom of it.

Posted