War Diaries Talk

Two diary authors for the same unit and dates!

• deehar by deehar

http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/subjects/AWD0001bag

I have found that both the OC 7th Cavalry Field Ambulance and his most senior officer wrote diary entries on the official forms in parallel for several weeks in April 1917. The senior officer also claims to be OC at one stage! I have hashtagged the "unofficial" version as duplicate but that is not strictly correct (see image)! Should I continue to mark it as #duplicate?

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

No I don't think so. The duplicate tag is only for pages which are exact duplicates. The title and the text indicate the Unit had split into Light and Heavy sections and that's how the diary was being written (which explains why they are both described as "OC" since each was indeed the Officer Commanding a section of the Fd Amb) You can delete the #duplicate tags you have already used by going back to the pages I think?

Posted

• deehar by deehar in response to HeatherC's comment.

OK. How did I miss that ! I shall try to add a comment per page that it is Heavy or Light Section diary. I thought it was a duplicate because of the huge overlap between the two diaries and that up until April both Light and Heavy had always been covered in the diary written by Capt McNeill.

Posted