War Diaries Talk

copying person tags

• wil433 by wil433

Is there any way of copying a persons tag details as the sheets I am handling have mention about 4 officers multiple times. The pace name tags at least stay in place so one can mark the multiple times that place appears before moving to another palcename

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

It has been asked for before as an improvement but as we have no full time developer at the moment I am not sure if/when we will get it. Good idea though.

Posted

• eatyourgreens by eatyourgreens moderator, admin

The Person tag originally did this, when we launched the site. It opened up with the details of the last person you had tagged. I can't find the discussion now, but people said this made it difficult to tag lists of names on a single page, as you had to delete the details in the form each time, so we took it out.

It would be easy to put this back in, but I'm worried that it caused problems for tagging when we originally had it.

Jim

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator

Jim

I vaguely remember that now and I can't find the discussion either - it may have vanished in the big forum tidy up a few months ago. So what do people think - would having the last name remain in the boxes be a help or a hindrance? Presumably you can just type over rather than having to delete anyway?

Posted