War Diaries Talk

Appendix A

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

Hello,
    I think that the mention of Appendix A, the list of Officers in Bde on 4-8-18 should be tagged. Not sure what as though. Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Allister

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to tagukfsn's comment.

Hi Allister,

We once had a tag for references to other material and documents. But it proved too difficult to work with and was dropped. I would put Appendix A in as a comment. Then, if Appendix A itself does not reference the proper diary and date, a text search on comments might help to match them up.

wildcatjenny

Posted

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

Thanks for the tip. How do you add a comment?

Posted

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

On second thoughts, perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree. I was assuming that by comment you meant a hastag, as I can't find a tag for a comment. But if you did mean a hashtag won't that create a hit for all "Appendix A"s regardless of which Diary we are talking about; or is a hastag local to a particular diary?
    Puzzled
    Allister

Posted

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

If I need to go back to a page and add the Person tag as suggested by you below/above (AppendixA) can I go back to that page; or is the only way forever onwards?

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator

Hi tagukfsn,

While you are tagging a page you can add a comment by clicking the icon that looks like a cartoon talk balloon found in the area up by the "Finished!" button. (I have seen your comments on the "Recent" page, so I think you are doing this just fine.) You can also comment on pages while you review them on the "Recent" page of Talk Operation War Diary or from the" Recent Pages" section of your own profile.

You can also and a hashtagged term in the same box. A hashtag is created by putting a "#" in front of text. Some hashtag terms have been requested for special projects and others have been suggested by volunteers. We have a list of agreed upon hashtags which you can find in the Discussion Boards under "Definitive Hashtag List" or at http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000j/discussions/DWD0000d05

You can also create your own hashtags... but keep in mind that we want them to be useful search terms. Something people might likely look up. For an example: #map or #frendlyfire but not #badweatherdelayedattack

For more information on working with hashtags please see http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000j/discussions/DWD000034v

We are very glad that you have decided to become a Citizen Historian with Operation War Diary! Let us know if we can help you.

wildcatjenny

Posted

• HeatherC by HeatherC moderator in response to tagukfsn's comment.

You can't go back to add a diary tag. You can add comments or hashtags by finding the page in your profile. How to do that is described here http://talk.operationwardiary.org/#/boards/BWD000000g/discussions/DWD0000cx8

Posted

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

Hello wildcatjenny and HeatherC. Thankyou for you help. I have been looking at 6 DIV 2 Bde RHA diary on page 4 of the list. It reports itself as 3% complete, but after clicking on the STart button, tells me that it has been completed, and to choose another. Are some wires crossed?

Posted

• wildcatjenny by wildcatjenny moderator in response to tagukfsn's comment.

Hi tagukfsn,

Could be. I have seen a couple of similar posts the last few days. But before we get carried away. Let's try this:

1. Exit Operation War Diary and exit your internet browser.
    2. Reopen the browser and Operation War Diary.

Does it work now? If yes, please let us know what browser you are using and what your computer's operating system is.

I found the 6 Div. 2Bde RHA on page 2 of the Diary list which says that it is 3% finished. I was able to open a page for tagging. Is this the diary you are referring to?

wildcatjenny

Posted

• tagukfsn by tagukfsn

Thankyou widcatjenny, that worked.
    DoH
    Turn it off and on again!
    "I found the 6 Div. 2Bde RHA ", yes that was the one I was referring to. Mysteriously, it appears on page 4 for me!
    Still, so long as I can tag it.
    Bon nuit!

Posted